Thursday, April 25, 2013

Being Consistent: The Key to a Successful Life



Taking control of our consistent action means directing our lives well. This is not something that we do once in a blue moon that shape our lives, but it’s something we must do consistently.
To be successful, you must take consistent action...
Yes, and I have learned the importance of consistent action from my job as salesman.
The first thing I did when I joined the company was to take endless training that are needed to become effective salesman.
But when I went out to the field my training failed me. Nothing really happened! And so I thought, “this isn’t really working.”
So I went in search of something that would. I joined a couple of other opportunities and with each one I did the same thing. I went through the training and did what I was supposed to do for a short period of time, and when I didn't see results as fast as I wanted to, I moved on to something else.
You can see the problem with this strategy. I didn't stay consistent with anything for long enough to see any success. Then I recommitted myself. I knew this was for real. And once I did, and was doggedly consistent, the magic happened! And it will happen to you too... But you must be consistent, even when you don't feel like it...
Keep these tips in mind...
  1. Do something you enjoy - you'll be more apt to stick with something you enjoy rather than forcing yourself to do something you don't. I love to blog and share with others so I'm not dreading what I have to do every day. I look forward to it.
  2. Develop a schedule/routine - I find that without a schedule, I am constantly being distracted by other things that consume my time. The end result is that I often don't get the things on my priority list done, but I've wasted valuable time of other things. Show up every day and follow your routine.
  3. Prioritize your time - understand and recognize things that are potential time-wasters and allow yourself a structured time period to deal with those (ie 30 min. per day on Facebook, or only check email at the end of the day, etc.) I find that I can't check email throughout the day because then there are several things that come up that I have to deal with and it pulls me away from my routine. I want to be able to deal with them on my own terms and put them into my schedule. Also, even though Facebook is a powerful marketing tool for my business, I only allow myself 30 min. per day because it can completely consume me.
  4. Write things down - this is a must for me. I need to keep a visual reminder of my goals for the day and I don't stop until they're completed. (I even write things on my list that I did but weren't on my list just so I can cross it off! - I know, but I love to cross things off!)

If you want to be successful in your business, in life, in any area, consistent action will get you there!
Take consistent action and great things will happen...


Followers