Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Wish I'm a Phoenix


I'm screaming behind this bars
On this world of selfish desire
Longing for an escape
Free myself, whatever it takes.

But try hard as I might
I always get lost every night
Each passing day I grow weak
No one to hear me as I speak.

So I pray my breath to leave
Take away my life with it
Consume me with fire from hell
Go forth, you have a story to tell.

And leave me alone crying
With burning tears never ending
Making a pool of blood beneath my feet
My reflection laughing, I was deceive.

Oh how I wish I'm a phoenix
That burst into flame when his heart ache
From ashes, a new life begins
Free from misery, no memory of the past.
Reactions:

12 comments:

  1. So you mean gusto mong paulit ulit na mabuhay? Kasi diba ang Phoenix is Rebirth flame?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well written!
    but i think we all are,
    no matter how life fails us we still go on
    at dahil duin parang mga phoenix na paulit ulit nabubuhay na din tayo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly parecoy. may mga pagkakataon na parang nawawalan na tayo ng pap-asa pero nalalampasan din naman at handa na ulit sumuong sa panibagong hamon ng buhay.

      Delete
  3. Ako gusto ko namang maging Immortal yung hindi na mamatay. Sarap mabuhay e. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, gusto ko din yan. mukhang exciting mabuhay ng walang katapusan.

      Delete
  4. …....... /)
    ……... ( , )
    ….….|░░░|
    ……..|░░░|☆ Feliz _(♥)_
    …..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨Navidad.
    .¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨y
    …¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨Año Nuevo.
    …¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2013****.
    *♥*.MaRiBeL.*♥*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing is kahit hindi tayo phoenix, we can always change ourselves - and that's like being born again - not totally, but in a way.

    Merry Christmas Lawrence!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Holidays Lawrence! Walang Christmas sa Islam right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy holidays :)

    I love how you write. galing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice poem, well written! I envy your poetic talent, hehe! Ansaya nga sigurong maging phoenix, where death means new beginning! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete

Followers